[thelist] Replacement for Dreamweaver

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Tue Apr 27 13:44:44 CDT 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 10:18 AM, Diane Soini wrote:

> I'm about to either throw my computer (Mac) out the window or march
> down and buy a new one (they make them with 1.33mhz processors for
> less than I paid for this 500mhz one). But maybe I should save money
> and try something else first.

Well, a new Mac would sure be a treat. I have a Powerbook (867
titanium) eMac (1ghz) and a dual G5. Just a fabulous bunch of machines.
The eMac, though, is the real sleeper. 1.2ghz G4 with a great 17"
screen built in. $799 for the cdrw version, add the way cool stand and
512 ram and you are jammin with 10/100 ethernet, firewire, usb 2.0,
32meg radeon graphics, ddr ram, 40  gig HD - best bang for your buck in
a new mac.

> FTP-ing files.
Transmit is just great. Well designed, nicely behaving app. You can
have the two paned local/remote file layout and you can synchronize as
well.

I use GoLive and I do not experience the same troubles that you are
describing. Sounds like a drag. I am sorry. The GoLive ftp has given me
only occasional trouble. When it does, I just use Transmit. GoLive
functions well as the FTP client for a site that I am
building/managing, Transmit for all the other various FTP needs.

Good luck,
Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity