[thelist] Replacement for Dreamweaver

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Wed Apr 28 12:47:22 CDT 2004

On the PC side (for those pc users who are following this thread) I now
use Beyond Compare(1) for most day to day file transfers. It's a
directory and file comparison tool that supports FTP as well as regular
local/network directory comparisons.
It has the side by side view you are talking about, and supports
filtering and tweaking timezone offsets etc. to ensure you are uploading
the right files. It will synch deep directory structures.

My only complaints are no scp/sftp support yet, and no support for chmod
like you might expect from a dedicated ftp client.

Sam

1. http://www.scootersoftware.com/ (I have no affiliation)