[thelist] connecting to a mySQL database

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Wed Apr 28 23:06:53 CDT 2004

> Hi there. I am learning to use mySQL db on my hosting. It comes with an
web
> admin screen to run SQL etc. What I would like to do is run SQL from some
> sort of client on my PC that can connect directly to the database. Any
ideas
> on how I would do this?

Have you thought about running phpmyadmin?

If you want a fat client of some kind, go here:
http://solutions.mysql.com/

Type in "client" and select Software as the category.  There are quite a
number of clients out there, for just about every platform.  That's where
I'd start.  You can also google "mysql client".

Good luck Justin,

Jonathan