[thelist] problems with HTML <input type='file'> field

David T-G davidtg-thelist at justpickone.org
Thu Apr 29 13:18:19 CDT 2004

Hi again --

[Sorry for the duplicate; it looked as though MIME-signed messages were
blocked, since I didn't see my post.]

...and then David T-G said...
%
% I have an interesting problem I haven't been able to solve.

I have a bit of new news.  If I switch the select and file input boxes,
the select works but the next one breaks.  If I upload a file *and* make
a selection, then both work.  Meanwhile, in another script users can
uplpoad multiple files, and if you happen to skip the first space and put
your file into the second then it is never seen -- and that also occurs
under Mozilla/Linux instead of just Konqueror.

It looks more and more like the file input boxes are the problem.  So
what am I doing wrong?

TIA & HAND

:-D
--