[thelist] SQL Server Schema compare tools?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun May 2 22:10:48 CDT 2004

Temporary fix: Can you have your product dump out the necessary .sql files?
If so, it'd be easy to use a batch file to pipe them all into osql.exe

Alternatively, I've heard good things about Red Gate Software's product. I
don't use it personally, and I don't know if it addreses your particular
concern, but you might want to take a look.
http://www.red-gate.com/sql/summary.htm

Cheers
Ken

From: "Kyle Murphy" <kyle.murphy at tempschedulingsystem.com>
Subject: [thelist] SQL Server Schema compare tools?

: Our company currently uses a product called Embarcadero Change Manager
: to compare the schema of our DEV Database to over 150 Production
: Databases.
:
: I'm the primary user of this product at my work, and it's ok, but I was
: wondering if there are any other products out there that will do the
: same thing, so I can see if they are any better.
:
: The basic problem that I have is, when Change Manager is complete
: running a compare job, it creates separate SQL scripts for each database
: and I have to run each script separately.  I would like something that
: generates one giant script with db changes for all 150+ databases...
:
: Anyone have any suggestions?
:
: Thanks,