[thelist] CSS positioning question

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Mon May 3 16:37:32 CDT 2004

Daniel Dulay wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. I got a good solution for my positioning
> question and learned something very basic about CSS naming (no "_"
> allowed).

    Please note that underscores _are_ allowed in CSS, as clarified in the
CSS 2 errata document [1] and codified in the CSS 2.1 working draft [2].
However, some legacy versions of Netscape and Mozilla don't support
underscores since they were developed before the W3C issued its
clarification, so authors should use informed caution if they are
considering the use of underscores.

1. http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html#x4
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/syndata.html#q6

James Aylard