[thelist] CMS Concerns

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Mon May 3 16:46:41 CDT 2004

> How do you curb these large image files? Do you place a file size limit on
> these images? Attempt to educate the user about image resolution? Include
> note about sending files to me to resize them before posting?

Rob -

My business deals with CMS all day long, and what most CMS authors that we
work with have done is provide reasonable default limites on image
resolution.  By providing simple parameters, you can allow "power" users to
adjust their preferences, while protecting audiences from the mistakes of
inexperienced webmasters.  It's been our experience that most users who
don't know anything about resolution are going to be impressed that it
worked at all. ;-)

All the best,

Jonathan