[thelist] terms and conditions documents?

Paul Bennett paul at clicksave.co.nz
Thu May 6 19:56:32 CDT 2004

Hi there peoples - happy Friday from New Zealand!
Having just begun freelancing fulltime I am interested in putting
together a 'terms and conditions' document. I have been charging by
milestones (2-3 per project), but am now interested in splitting
payments 50/50 (beginning and end) for projects under $5000, as these
clients tend to be the ones you have to chase hard for milestone payments.

Does anyone have a document or blurb that they use when issuing quotes
or the like that I could peruse for ideas? ( Legal mumbo jumbo is not a
strong suit.)

Also, does anyomne have any advice re: ensuring small to medium sized
clients pay up promptly?

Thanks in advance,
Paul