[thelist] Lotus Notes - Domino Designer

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu May 6 20:09:45 CDT 2004

On Thursday, May 6, 2004, at 09:52 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:
> They aren't totally committed to Domino yet, but they do have an
> investment in the software and their outside consultant is a
> Notes/Domino developer.  I suspected from my experience with asp/sql
> and php/mysql that they would be more powerful.

I can't tell ya much about power, but Domino is just not anything like
what most of these folks on this list constantly ask about. You'll
never do a SQL-like query. And those @If commands make me go blind if
they get any more than one else clause.

On the positive side, if you don't know how to do a SQL query you can
still create all kinds of database stuff relatively easily. If you can
find a guru at your place of business, promise a lot of beer and lunch
if s/he'll help you out. I never could have figured out the stuff my
gurus showed me. Now I owe them some CSS/DOM instruction! (They didn't
want the beer!)

Diane