[thelist] Web Development Methodology

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri May 7 08:45:44 CDT 2004

Hi,

I would add that any generic Project Management book can fill you in on
gannt charts, resource levelling etc.

Rapid Development by Steve McConnell is worth getting IMHO.

There are also lots of development methodologies. Graham Leggett alluded to
one popular method (when he talked about using two developers working on
code at the same time, which is a hallmark of:) - Extreme Programming.

Depending on what language/environment you work in, there are probably other
aids as well (e.g. J2EE -vs- VB specific aids).

Cheers
Ken

From: "Les Lytollis" <leslytollis at dimensions-corporatewear.co.uk>
Subject: RE: [thelist] Web Development Methodology

>Gathering user/project/technical requirements
>Budgeting projects

"Mastering the requirements process" Robertson & Robertson.

There are some freely downloadable templates for the process at
http://www.systemsguild.com/GuildSite/Robs/Template.html

>Planning the various stages of Web development / maintenance
- read up on RUP/Extreme Programming + UML depending on the formality
you require
www.extremeprogramming.org
And
www.rational.com are good places to start