[thelist] Unique combination numbering

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri May 7 11:25:43 CDT 2004

Yeah, clients are good for that.

> I agree with your point and would not, myself, bother with such an
> approach but instead go with a properly normalized schema, but just
> leaving it at that wouldn't get the question answered :-)

No doubt.  I hate it when the FIRST person to respond to such a request
blasts away with "why in the #$% would you want to do that!!!".  Thank
goodness other people responded with the solution before I added into it...

Oh crud, I owe a tip.

<tip type="Custom Tags" author="Joshua Olson">
Running CT's from a different machine than CF Server is running on is not as
difficult as it may seem.  Simply create a user that has the permissions
that CF will need (not administrative rights, just enough to execute the
EXE, write to logs, etc).  Then, log in as the user and create a persistent
shared drive--tell it to load the share at next login.  Then change the CF
service to run under that context.  Lastly, add the path to the CT's through
the shared drive in CF Admin.

Whola!  Your CT's can now be on the shared drive.
</tip>

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.