[thelist] Lotus Notes - Domino Designer

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri May 7 22:18:07 CDT 2004

Domino is much more than just a "language". Whilst I have my reasons for not
liking Domino, it isn't directly comparable to any of the things you've
mentioned (ASP, or PHP etc)

Cheers
Ken

From: "Feingold Josh S" <Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov>
Subject: RE: [thelist] Lotus Notes - Domino Designer

: I know I am coming in the middle of this and know nothing about your
: environment...
:
: However, just out of curiosity, why can't you just say that there are
: languages such as PHP and CF and ASP and JSP that were created
specficially
: to develop web applications.  If you are going to learn something new
stick
: with a technology that is geared towards what you are trying to do.
: Otherwise, you are in for some frustrating times when your applications
just
: can't do what you need them to do.
:
: > their outside consultant is a Notes/Domino developer.
:
:
: But their full time employee is an experienced web developer!
:
: BTW, the transition from ASP to PHP is not that hard.  It is well
documented
: and there are plenty of places to get help.  Plus it is free, not an MS
: product which your boss will like, and can run on most common webservers.
:
: Plus, experience as a domino developer isn't really going to help you
: getting web design postions all that much down the road.  Perhaps you can
: get a job as a domino developer, though.
:
: Good luck!
: Josh
:
:
: --
: * * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
: http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
:
: For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester
: and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
: Workers of the Web, evolt !
: