[thelist] ASP devloped Locally

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Sat May 8 04:09:59 CDT 2004

>There are various hacks around that let you get IIS 5 installed off a
>Windows 2000 CD if you have one spare.

Perhaps this is OT, and pardon me for asking, but AFAYK is that within the
bounds of MS operating agreements?  I ask this out of pure ignorance and
curiosity, not to imply anything.  I don't have access to a copy of Win 2k
Server, so I cannot check the OA that comes up during an install.  But to me
that sounds legally risky for a business endeavor, unless MS doesn't
actually say that you cannot install IIS onto XP Home (only that they
neither support it nor will provide the means to do so).  It would be nice
to be able to run my older ASP code locally as I do with PHP and Apache.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
NeptuneWebworks.com
voice: 541-302-1438