[thelist] MathML

joe stowaway at uklinux.net
Sat May 8 12:23:49 CDT 2004

I've been looking into the surface of MathML at places like
http://www.dessci.com/en/support/tutorials/mathml/default.htm and figure
I need to know more maths before I leap into it :)

As far as rendering it goes, I've seen examples of equations given in
gifs before, but was wondering whether I mightn't use <spans> and class
attributes to define various things I need to grab hold of, and then use
css positioning to render it.  Maybe like, Ek = (mv^2)/2 becomes:

=

        mv
        2

That way I figured that browsers that don't like css-p will just render
a readable (and, importantly, selectable) equation much as you might see
it in a line of code rather than laid out with numerators and
denominators etc

Anyone think that sounds like a lunatic approach? :)  Best to decide
before I code it :)))

joe