[thelist] PC: CPU running at 95-100%?

Seth Bienek list at sethbienek.com
Fri May 7 22:00:43 CDT 2004

Hi Tom,

Some versions of Mcafee VirusScan can cause this problem on windows 2000
(maybe XP too?).

If you're running virusscan, try disabling it and see what happens.  If your
computer recovers after a few minutes, then it's probably safe to say that's
the culprit.

I switched to Symantec a while back for this very reason, and have never
looked back.

It's a shot in the dark, but I'd be interested in hearing if this turns out
to be the problem.

Regards,

Seth