[thelist] google and other search engines

Thomas Klepl lists at klepl.com
Sun May 9 13:27:56 CDT 2004

In our case, we don't focus on Google as a tool to generate new business..
Depends on the type of business you're in and the clientele you're after I
guess. If you make widgets, and you want to sell as many widgets as possible
to anyone who has a buck in their pocket, then that's different.

I just wanted to illustrate that a website done entirely in flash can still
be found on google, using a well-crafted HTML splash page. The original
poster was concerned that the site couldn't be found using the site's own,
unique name.

I think it's important to realise that google, or any www search, is not the
only way to get your site out there. Other forms of advertising including
offline methods can be very effective and also more focused.

Tom