[thelist] Warning about your e-mail account.

Allen Schaaf techwriter at sound-by-design.com
Sun May 9 15:23:11 CDT 2004

At 01:30 PM 5/9/04, administration at evolt.org wrote:
>Dear user, the  management of Evolt.org mailing system  wants to let  you
>know that,
>
>Our antivirus software has detected a large ammount of  viruses outgoing
>from your email account,  you may use  our free anti-virus  tool to clean
>up your computer  software.
>
>For details  see the attach.
>
>Best  wishes,
>    The Evolt.org team                             http://www.evolt.org
>--
>* * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
>http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

>Workers of the Web, evolt !

No attachment, and I doubt the viruses are coming from my machine.

I run three anti-virus and spybot detection programs almost everyday and am
behind two firewalls with outbound protection as well.

I also have a fixed IP so if you send me a copy of one of the posts
(without the virus, please) I'll be happy to do what I can to trace down
the actual source.

Allen Schaaf
Sr. Technical Writer

Who says bad manuals aren't a risk to your life?  Just ask the passengers
of the jet where the engine caught fire because the company's maintenance
manual was wrong about how to install one key bolt.  (NTSB Report on GE CF6
engine fire, American Airlines flight 574, July 9, 1998.
<http://www.ntsb.gov/publictn/1999/AAB9903.htm>)