[thelist] Warning: Don't open 'Are you a spammer?'

Mike evolt at muinar.com
Mon May 10 02:26:30 CDT 2004

Hello

I just received a message delivering a worm, sent to the address that I
use for this list only. It said: 'Are you a spammer? (I found your email
on a spammer website!?!)', and the attachment was a ZIP file, containing
a file called 'details.txt'.

If you get the same message, don't open it. I almost did...  :)

Seems that there are some guys letting their bot go through the archives,
picking up the obscured email addresses (like 'evolt at muinar.com' for
example) - ? The sheer amount of addresses might justify the procedure
of replacing all ' at ' by '@' and getting valid email addresses in return.

Adding to that, this seems to be a standard way of obscuring addresses
in Mailman list archives...

Mike

_____  mike s. krischker  http://webdesign-schweiz.ch/