[thelist] MySQL/PHP simple CMS that supports multiple languages

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Mon May 10 07:42:40 CDT 2004

I'm looking for an opensource MySQL/PHP simple CMS that supports
multiple languages (at once) so that a user could arrive and then select
E.F.G.I.S and see the content, if available, in the chosen language
otherwise default to the English.

I'm not looking for a blog style result. It will be for a small designer
hotel web site, highly stylized so the templating or at least the output
needs to be easily configurable.

The content of the site will be in a fairly rigorous hierarchy [1]. So I
assume the CMS will need a mechanism to publish 'pages' and 'sub pages'
and maintain the navigation itself. Ideally with an additional
breadcrumb trail.

I'm fairly easy as to whether the pages are actually physically
published or are retrieved from the database with a query string and
sessions.
/en/section_name/page_name
/it/section_name/page_name

Any suggestions please?

1. Eg,
Booking Information
Travel Information

News
News > Reviews
News > Press
News > Events

Hotel
Hotel > Rooms
Hotel > Rooms > Orientalist Suite
Hotel > Rooms > Deluxe Room
Hotel > Rooms > Superior Rooms
Hotel > Rooms > New Developments
Hotel > Spaces
Hotel > Spaces > Courtyard
Hotel > Spaces > Living Room
Hotel > Spaces > Dining Room
Hotel > Spaces > Library
Hotel > Spaces > Roof Terrace

Morocco
Morocco > Entertainment & Food
Morocco > Travel
Morocco > History
Morocco > History > Before Islam - Watassids
Morocco > History > Saadis - Present day
Morocco > Travel
Morocco > Travel > Inside Marrakesh
Morocco > Travel > Outside Marrakesh
Morocco > Travel > North Africa

etc...

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891