[thelist] Warning about your e-mail account.

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon May 10 13:55:00 CDT 2004

liorean wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I just find it sad that this message was let through. A mailinglist like
> this one should be able to keep mails with attachments in quarantine
> until looked at, or maybe just discard them with a note to the sender.

I'm unsure how this message made it to thelist (something we in content and
sysadmin will undoubtedly check), but this list strips mime-encoded
attachments from messages prior to list injection, so no-one was ever really
in danger from this stupid virus.

The point of origin of the virus message was a Wanadoo (née Freeserve)
dialup customer, in case anyone's interested :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him