[thelist] information reporting solution >> your thoughts?

Paul Bennett paul at clicksave.co.nz
Mon May 10 21:40:26 CDT 2004

Hi there, I am working completing a feasibility study for a government
organisation (social work) which has a variety of information reporting
needs.
They currently have a crude paper-based time sheeting 'system', a
paper-based client information system, and an Access db based client
database system (government mandated - can't touch or change this sorry).

They want to be able to:

   1. provide statistical reports to a board of trustess to show
      organisational prgress (mainly in terms of assisting clients)
   2. know how and where staff are spending their time (currently the
      paper-base system is not well supported)
   3. order cleint data efficiently and effectively (files have been
      lost / misplaced / duplicated in the past)

They have a central domain server for their internal network (windows
2000 I think), and I am proposing to install a timesheeting web
application (intra, not inter-net), a client file management app
(browser based) and some scripting to process the .mdb files and produce
printable html reports.

In the process of doing this, I was wondering if any Evolters had any
other / different suggestions?

Paul