[thelist] ValidationSummary question

Zhang, Lingling lingz at cs.umd.edu
Mon May 10 22:04:28 CDT 2004

Hi,

I have several Validation controls in my form and a ValidationSummary
control, the code is like this:

<asp:requiredfieldvalidator id="rvldDOE" runat="server" Width="8px"
CssClass="RegExp" ErrorMessage="Date of Event is required"
Display="None" ControlToValidate="txtDOE"></asp:requiredfieldvalidator>

<asp:validationsummary id="ValidationSummary1" runat="server"
Visible="True" Width="121px" HeaderText="Please correct the following
input error(s) before continue: "
ShowSummary="false" ShowMessageBox="True"></asp:validationsummary>

And I also set the save_button's causeValidation to be true. However,
when I click the button, there's no message box even the txtDOE was
blank. It just doesn't seem that the validation occurred.

Can anyone tell me what I possibly did wrong?

Thanks,
Lingling