[thelist] POSTing XML from an ASP page?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:05:17 CDT 2004

Hi Folks,

We're doing a partnership program with an awful company who I won't
name (PointRoll). They have this awful banners, and one of our brands
is using one. They don't want to deal with our XML interfaces
apparently, so we are going to deal with the data.

So basically I will get a POST of data from the form into an ASP page
(that I will create.)

What I have to do from there is build XML from that data and then
again POST it to one of our XML interfaces we have.

I'm not really an ASP guy, so once I'm to the point of getting the
form data from the POST I'm stuck.

1. How do I get my form data into XML (I'm fairly familiar with XML
but not sure how to get from point a - asp form data to point b -
XML)? I don't need (nor do I want) to write an XML *file* to any
server - I merely need to POST the XML that has been created.

2. Once I have that XML (I assume sitting in a variable) how do I
then POST it?

Thanks

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

There is no missing link, just a fist shaken toward God.