[thelist] POSTing XML from an ASP page?

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:35:23 CDT 2004

> So basically I will get a POST of data from the form into an ASP
> page
> (that I will create.)

So you have control over form variable names and content. Good.

> What I have to do from there is build XML from that data and then
> again POST it to one of our XML interfaces we have.

How are these interfaces accessed? HTTP? (D)COM? ftp? email?

> I'm not really an ASP guy, so once I'm to the point of getting the
> form data from the POST I'm stuck.
>
> 1. How do I get my form data into XML (I'm fairly familiar with XML

I'd tackle it brute force, since there really isn't any facility in
ASP to output it for you: loop through the form variables and create
your XML by hand.

> 2. Once I have that XML (I assume sitting in a variable) how do I
> then POST it?

Again, how are the XML interfaces consumed in a "normal" situation?

Scott