[thelist] POSTing XML from an ASP page?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:49:30 CDT 2004

--- Scott Dexter <dexilalolai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > What I have to do from there is build XML from that data and then
> > again POST it to one of our XML interfaces we have.
>
> How are these interfaces accessed? HTTP? (D)COM? ftp? email?

HTTP

> > 1. How do I get my form data into XML (I'm fairly familiar with
> XML
>
> I'd tackle it brute force, since there really isn't any facility in
> ASP to output it for you: loop through the form variables and
> create your XML by hand.

Can you be more specific? Should I simply be outputting and
concatenating lines like:

somevar = "<foo>value1</foo>"
somevar = "<foo2>value2</foo2>" (rough example)

> > 2. Once I have that XML (I assume sitting in a variable) how do I
> > then POST it?
>
> Again, how are the XML interfaces consumed in a "normal" situation?

Normally they are consumed via HTTP if I understand you (and them
heh) correctly. I was told I could just post it to
HTTP://blah_blah_blah

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

There is no missing link, just a fist shaken toward God.