[thelist] Resend: Comments on Dreamweaver Contribute - was gotta vent

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Wed May 12 10:10:48 CDT 2004

At 07:55 AM 5/12/2004, Ken Moore wrote:

>I am thinking about suggesting Contribute to several nonprofit
>organizations to supply content to their own sites. I would welcome
>comments from anyone who has used it and/or helped not-technical users to
>use it.

This tool has a higher learning curve for the Programmer, but is very nice
on the user side. It works as an ActiveX object in the browser and can be
made to work with a DB, XML backend or directly on the file itself.

http://www.aspmodules.com/AT/default.asp

We use it on a dozen client sites right now, with an XML flat file holding
all the editable content for each site. We can update the pages/templates
without having to mess with the content.

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys