[thelist] Resend: Comments on Dreamweaver Contribute - was gotta vent

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Wed May 12 10:26:47 CDT 2004

Hey, Anthony, that's very cool!

Currently we use DotNetEdit (http://dotnetedit.com/doc/DotNetEdit.html)
and we've grown to haaaaate it. If the page is at all complicated
(tables and css styling being considered complicated, apparently), upon
saving/updating the page munges all our HTML, removing indenting, making
everything CAPS, adding odd tags, etc.

And if there happens to be a Flash file on the page, upon an update (or
if the content editor is inserting a Flash file from scratch), adds
about 10 extra params, changes params you've already set etc.

All of that to ask: Does this tool significantly mess with the HTML?