[thelist] Linking up Microsoft VSS to a web page?

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 13:52:46 CDT 2004

> We want to publish some of our internal documents to a local
> intranet. Currently these documents are stored in VSS for
> versioning,
> etc. There is a "shadow" directory (a copy or something, not sure
> exactly) of a bunch of VSSs into one.
>
> Anyway - they want to know if there is a way to mimic that VSS
> directory on a web page - tie it together. When I upload

I'm not sure VSS has a web component (pretty sure it don't), but are
you looking to check-in/check-out through the web interface? From my
usage of VSS, it sits as an engine underneath your
tools/applications. It does have command line exes you can use, and I
think even Com objects you can programatically implement. But a Web
interface, I donna think so.

Check and see if this gets you any closer:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/previous/ssafe/using/articles/

and the product page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/previous/ssafe/

Good luck--