[thelist] Cold Fusion

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 14 14:05:44 CDT 2004

Thank you for taking the time to share your entoushiamsm about CF.
I agree with what you said, except for the Proprietary part :

"
Proprietary:
Unless you are an open source evangelist, proprietary doesn't mean crap
when you are just a web designer. Of those who use PHP, how many
actually go in and write their own code into the server and then
recompile it? Not too many. So who cares if you get to compile it your
self? Or that you have the source code?
"

I think it is very important to be able to modify the source, even if I
don't do it myself, I can hire someone to do it for me if I wish, or if
a bug in the current version is bugging me, I can get it fixed either
myself, one hired developper, or the developper community at large.
In proprietary software, you're bound to wait for the next paying
release or the famous free patch that never comes. You know already
that, I know it's not vitally important in day to day use of CF or other
proprietary software, but it's not insignificant so please don't elude
it.

Cheers,