[thelist] Monospace font-size problem

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Sun May 16 05:45:37 CDT 2004

Hi Rachel,

If you change:
    font-family: Courier, "Courier New", monospace;
to:
    font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace;
it will work on PC IE too.

At least on my Windows system Courier is a raster font, not true type,
and thus doesn't scale to all sizes. "Courier New" on the other hand is
a TT font. I don't know why other browsers scale Courier, maybe they
take care of it independently, whereas MSIE relies on the OS.

.kasimir