[thelist] IE 6 CSS Rollover problems

Diane Soini diane at dianesoini.com
Wed May 19 22:35:59 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, May 19, 2004, at 04:06 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> I don't see the problem in my XP/IE 6.  Maybe a silly question, but
> have you
> changed your Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files >
> Settings
> to "Check for newer versions: * Every visit to the page" ??  This is
> the
> usual culprit, since developers hate cached files we generally set
> that one
> to "Every visit."

Not a silly question at all. That's exactly it. Changing that setting
was one of the first things I did. Thanks so much!

Perhaps other settings are causing some of the other bizarre behaviors
I've been seeing. You know what I really wish they would do? If they
must give you a million different check boxes to select in those
settings, such as in the Advanced tab, they ought to make them all
oriented the same. They should all "turn off", "never", "don't", "stop"
and any other negative thing by unchecking, and they should all "turn
on", "always", "keep" etc by checking. Then it'd be a whole lot easier
to find the checkbox I want to check/uncheck.

Diane

> Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown