[thelist] Javascript Code broke?

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu May 20 11:22:31 CDT 2004

> if (*document.*AddProject.ProjectName.value == "") {

I've never seen the asterisks thing before. I tried that and didn't go over
well. My form name was "AddProject", yet you recommended the "*AddProject".

Is the asterisk a wild card in JavaScript?

Tom. I tried the var definition you suggested and immediately threw an
error.

I have since changed the whole form submission process from "get" to "post"
and that seems to work ok (for me). I wanted to avoid the max character
length of 2,038 in query strings.

Honestly, management doesn't care how I fixed as long as it's fixed and
doesn't happen again.

Rob