[thelist] Client contact - design presentation

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Sun May 23 20:13:41 CDT 2004

Hello,

What's the most effective way to present mock-up designs to the client
for comment/approval?

Previously with this client I have sent them designs in the mail, then
met with the a few days later. The problem is when I meet with them -
it's as if they haven't even looked at the designs until I get there.
The whole point of me posting them in the mail was so that when I
arrived they had made their decision. Instead I'm wasting an hour while
they discuss with themselves about what they want!!

I've just made some design revisions for them, and I have 3 designs to
present. They are all very similar with a few variations on each one.

What's the best way to go about getting past this design stage??

Who do you go about presenting designs to your clients? And what's the
next step? And how do I get them to "officially" approve a design?

Thanks for your time

Tim