[thelist] Building a site in Japanese

bread_man breadilicious at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 17:01:40 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

I've built a lot of websites, but this will be my first in another language.  I've looked at other websites in Japanese and figure that everything is pretty much the same except for the character set.  The copy is in encoded somehow and when the page is rendered, the japanese letters and words appear.   Forgive me if this sounds really stupid, but what will I need to get the encoded copy into my pages?  I haven't received the content from the client yet, so I'm honestly not sure what I will have to work with.  Any gotchas or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
adam aka bread_man