[thelist] This is not a flamewar (was Cold Fusion)

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Tue May 25 13:33:52 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clayton Smith" <clayton at geni-us.com>
> Hold on.. let me fire up Apache and PHP which cost nothing to use and
> cost me nothing to learn.. and let's speak no more on this since I don't
> want a flamewar.

Me neither.  It's hard to argue against free.  And I can't respond with PHP
is crap, as it isn't.  Neither, however is CF.

Each to their own.  I, personally, could do without a flood of quality web
application programmers competing for my job.  So I'll happily advocate PHP
and ASP, safe in the knowledge that my prolific production line will
continue to let the cash flow in, divided amongst as few people as possible
;)

Believe it or not I love open source, and I've been yelling about the price
of CF for over 6 years.  The response I get to my yelling is usually
something about economies of scale, can somebody explain that to me?