[thelist] Funky DHTML image editor ..

Marcus Andersson marcus at bristav.se
Tue May 25 18:51:13 CDT 2004

Clayton Smith wrote:
> Try this out:
> http://www.xtremedesign.ca/qie2/
> Some guy on a forum I post on says he wrote it.. but it's horrible!
> You'll have to load it in IE since it doesn't fair very well in
> Mozilla/Firefox.
> I told him he should've done it in Flash.  Anyway.. I am curious about
> any of your comments and I'll relay them to him.
> The cool part of it is embeding an image then having it render.. which
> is more useful then all the MSPaint-like tools.
>
> -c

Well, it's not the best editor I've seen. It's a bit slow isn't it? ;)

I wrote something myself last year (I think, or perhaps 2 years back) that is supposed to look like
Powerpoint. It's a bit faster and has some more features (but I haven't added image generation which would be
nice, it's just plain ol' static html so you can't save either). It's far from finished (far from all of the
buttons and menu alternatives have functionality) and has some bugs (duh!) since it was just an experiment but
it's quite nice (fun?) anyway.

You can test it out at: http://mweb.se/graph/grapheditor.html

Feel free to grab whatever you want (although the code isn't too nice to read :). I've written everything
myself except for a couple of small scripts (there are comments about it in those files).

The editor only works in IE (I suppose 6 but 5.5 might work, haven't had the possibility to test now) and
there is a quirk when the DHTML windows open (you'll see what I mean, just right-click on a shape and choose
Format shape...).

Have fun!

/Marcus