[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Vol 15, Issue 47

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue May 25 21:04:56 CDT 2004

Wouldn't work for all browsers, but what if you put the image in a div
the width of the image with text-align:center, and in the CSS include
something like this:
img:after{ content: attr(alt); }/* or attr(title) */

It's not really semantic, though.

I don't see what is wrong with just using a br tag and then writing
some text under the image. Unless there is a semantic html tag for this
purpose, what else can you do?

Diane

On Monday, May 24, 2004, at 10:53 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> What then would be your preference for captioning an image, while
> preserving
> some metadata that the caption applies to the image?
>
> David
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown