[thelist] Flash - how to size flash movie 100% in Mozilla/Safari/IE Mac?

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Tue May 25 23:02:34 CDT 2004

I have a flash site that I am finishing for a client (I did not create
the site so no comments on how evil flash sites are P-) ).

I have run into one snag. The original designer created the site bigger
than what would fit onto a 1024x768 screen including browser chrome. In
Internet Explorer on a PC it is possible to set the width and height of
a movie to 100% and this will size the movie inside the browser window
regardless of the size of the movie.

The problem is that this does not work in Mozilla/Firebird or in Safari
or Internet Explorer on the Mac. Is there anyway get a movie to fit 100%
inside a browser window, regardless of the size of the browser, in any
of the listed browsers?

In mozilla, if you set the dimensions to 100%, you get this little
itty-bitty movie playing in the top-middle of the browser. Not exactly
what people want to see.

Anyway, the site in question is http://www.mccraestudios.com - If anyone
has clients that need a commercial photography in the Toronto area, this
guy is an excellent one.

Chris