[thelist] Excel parsing in PHP

sbeam sbeam at syxyz.net
Thu May 27 15:39:50 CDT 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 12:26 pm, Joel D Canfield wrote:
> You can manipulate Excel directly using VBS. You have to address
> locations using named ranges, but other than that I've found it
> simple the few times I've messed with it. Google up 'Excel VBScript'
> or some such. If you really can't find anything, contact me offlist
> and I may be able to find some examples of reading from/writing to
> Excel using VBS.

thanks but we don't need to manipulate it, just read it. I would have
been happy with a VBS solution that batch-converted to XML or CSV, but
that is still an extra step for the users here. We are going with
ExcelExplorer from SoftClub (sounds dirty but it's not) class which
seems to work. Even extracts the formulas (not the result, the
equation) and formatting &c. So the client can drop all their
special .xls files in a Network Folder and we can process them as
needed at runtime.

thanks to all

--

# S Beam - Web App Dev Servs