[thelist] cropping images or photography

Thomas Klepl lists at klepl.com
Fri May 28 06:55:40 CDT 2004

Andrew,

I'd recommend you take the photo and expose the subject correctly without
worrying about the background. Then in Photoshop, add a Levels adjustment
layer with a layer mask to mask out the subject. Set the adjustment layer to
clip the highlights as much as possible to result in a pure white
background. The layer mask will preserve the highlights of the subject.

Tom