[thelist] CSS Challenge

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jun 1 18:17:10 CDT 2004

Message from Jeff Howden (6/1/2004 03:29 PM)
>Howdy Evoltistas,
>
>I've got a challenge for anyone that's interested in playing along.  I just
>received a hellish design from a client's "designer" today.  I've got the
>bulk of the design figured out as far as the markup and styling is
>concerned.  However, there's one part that's really got me stumped, the
>header/navigation combination [1].
>
>The 4 bars on the left and right represent top-level navigation for the
>site.  The bit in the middle with the half-round is the logo.  The blue bar
>top-left represents the hover state as well as an indicator of the section
>of the site currently being viewed.

I couldn't view the image properly, not sure why. It loaded like a
progressive jpeg, with only the first layer loading so everything is blurry.

Just off the top of my head, though, I'd say do the navigation as normal
and drop the logo in with absolute positioning. Use a gif and make the
portion outside the curve transparent.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/