[thelist] Which is more Semantically Correct(tm) ??

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Thu Jun 3 03:47:21 CDT 2004

El jue, 03-06-2004 a las 03:48, Maximillian Schwanekamp escribió:
> >This link was posed on thelist YESTERDAY!!!
>
> Anyway, I should have stated my question more simply:  What is most correct
> for presenting key-value attributes for one or more more-or-less discrete
> items? E.g.:
>
> Item A
>   Attrib1 = Value
>   Attrib2 = Value
>   Attrib3 = Value
>
> Item B
>   Attrib1 = Value
>   Attrib2 = Value
>   Attrib3 = Value

Hi Maximilliam,

semantic markup is much a matter of personal (hopefully informed ;)
decision, but i'd say that

<h2>Item A</h2>
 <ul>
<li>
 <dl>
   <dt>Attrib1</dt>
   <dd>Value</dd>
 </dl>
</li>
<li>
 <dl>
   <dt>Attrib2</dt>
   <dd>Value</dd>
 </dl>
 </li>
</ul>

is pretty nifty markup

<tip author="mort" title="Getting to know your DTD">
If you need to know what are the allowed attributes for some element, or
what elements can be children of it, look no further than the awesome
DTD Mapper by The Man In Blue, aka Cameron Adams

http://www.themaninblue.com/experiment/DTDMapper/
</tip>

--
   Manuel trabaja para Simplelógica, construcción web
(+34) 985 22 12 65            http://simplelogica.net