[thelist] Q on $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']

David Travis dwork at macam.ac.il
Sat Jun 5 16:16:13 CDT 2004

This is a header, which the browser adds, you should check with which
browser you work, not all of them add it. Further more, I can tip you that
in IE the referrer is added only when the user browses to a page using a
link (<a> tag). If the user arrived to the page with a JavaScript (location
object) the referrer is not available, why? Dunno...   :)

HTH,
David Travis.