[thelist] Free CF Studio Tip

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Jun 7 08:04:43 CDT 2004

<tip type="CF Studio" author="Joshua Olson">
If you want to remove any line containing a certain phrase within a file
using CF Studio, try modeling your search after the following example under
Advanced Replace (ensure that the Regular expression box is checked):

Find what:
[^[:cntrl:]]*/css/[^[:cntrl:]]*[[:cntrl:]]{2}

Replace with:
{

In this example, CF Studio will replace any line with "/css/" in it with the
single character "{"

A limitation of CF Studio (at least up to 5) doesn't allow you to perform a
regex replace if the "Replace with" value is the empty string.  So, in this
case, I selected "{" because I know that it doesn't appear in the file
anywhere else.  Then, I use the NORMAL replace to exchange all instances of
"{" with the empty string.

Please note that you must make sure the last line of the file is trailed by
a CRLF, or this replace may miss it.
</tip>

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer