[thelist] Documentation best practices?

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Wed Jun 9 03:34:35 CDT 2004

I've been given the task of documenting a software package, and I'd like some
feedback about what are considered some modern best practices for such a thing.

First of all, is there a group or forum or something that discusses these
issues? I did a google/google groups search, but didn't come up with anything.

The application in question is multiplatform, and so must be the documentation.
I'm somewhat attracted to the HTML idea, but I'm not sure if this is the best
way to go. PDF is also an option. I've also heard of meta-languages that let
you mark up and expand to different formats from there, but I have no
experience with such things.

Any advice?

--
Joel Konkle-Parker