[thelist] Basic CSS Question

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 09:37:28 CDT 2004

Don Pasewark wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> I've relatively new here, great list!
> I'm just learning CSS and I have a question.
>
> Is there a way I can write my font style so that I can have text nav
> link without an underline and changes color on a roll over?

a:link{
text-decoration:none;/*remove the underline*/
}
a:visited{
text-decoration:none;/*remove the underline*/
}
a:hover{
text-decoration:none;/*remove the underline*/
background-color:black;/*roll over change the background color*/
color:white;/*roll over change the text color*/
}
a:active{
text-decoration:none;/*remove the underline*/
}

order is important here just remember LoVe HAte... Link Visited Hover Active

> Also - Can someone point me to a website or book that demostrates all
> the cool CSS stuff?

A few in no particular order follow below....

Simon

http://www.csszengarden.com/
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/journey/