[thelist] Drop down box resets after "Submit"

Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca
Thu Jun 10 11:44:47 CDT 2004

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction please.

In an HTML form, I have a drop down box that is populated from a MySQL
database. When the user chooses an option from the list and clicks "Submit"
the form calls itself ($PHP_SELF) but when the screen is re-drawn the
user's choice is no longer showing in the drop down list but rather the
first option from the list.

Is there a way I can make the form remember the user's choice so that it
displays in the drop down after submit has been clicked?

Regards

Leigh D'Sylva