[thelist] consulting fees

Diane Soini diane at dianesoini.com
Sun Jun 13 21:58:46 CDT 2004

I bumped into somebody yesterday and when I told her I did web design
she asked me what my consulting fees were. I gave no answer to that
since I've always worked in-house, not on my own, and I didn't want to
say. It's hard for me to say because they pay me very well at work even
though I'm not anywhere near the quality of most of you on this list,
so I don't want to say too much or too little.

I have seen books such as the Photographer's Market 200x and a similar
book for graphic designers, but is there something like that for web
designers (didn't see a Web Designer's 2004 on Amazon)? I don't
consider myself to be all that artistic, so if I were to take on a
freelance job I would be more interested in NOT pursuing
design-oriented jobs, if at all possible (for example, I can't possibly
create somebody's logo or corporate look and feel, but I could
certainly work with an existing look and feel).

Is there some book or resource that could be recommended to me?

Diane

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown