[thelist] IIS 5 Web Stress Tool

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Tue Jun 15 11:40:05 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 17:22, Rob Smith wrote:
> I'm looking for an IIS 5.0 Web Server Stress Test tool. We downloaded one
> from M$ and although it claimed it was intuitive, it's not. We want the full
> blow trial version to see if we want to continue using it. I don't want this
> "You can only test for 5 minutes, with 10 users" junk. That's not stress
> testing the server.

We use Astra Loadtest [0]. Good, but not cheap.

You could, alternatively, get Slashdotted ;)

Tim

[0]
http://astratryandbuy.mercuryinteractive.com/cgi-bin/portal/trynbuy/alt.jsp?prod=8021
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.