[thelist] Web-based Wysiwyg for CMS

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Wed Jun 16 15:30:57 CDT 2004

-------------------------------------
We currently use eWeb Edit Pro in our CMS.  It's gets the job done, and is
easy to use, but it does have a few strange issues.  It does support CSS
using class= in place of span=.  For some reason eWeb Edit Pro will not
listen to span=, and removes the span tag after submitting the content for
publication.  I am not sure if it works in Safari, I have only ever used it
on Windoze IE 6 b/c the CMS is strictly internal, and was build for IE 5+
only.
-------------------------------------

Thanks Jono I will check that one out.  I spent much of the day yesterday
evaluating wysiwyg/rich text editors(terminology varies).  I'm going to
write up an article (time allowing!) on the subject, since while there are
nice comparisons for entire CMSs but not of this kind of component.  So far
I am looking at Editize, HTML Area (already using it actually), EditThis,
tinyMCE, EditLet, Kafenio and er, "Walter".  Some are commercial, some are
OS/GPL.  If anyone has comments about any of these, they would be
appreciated.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
www.NeptuneWebworks.com